Here are 8 interesting facts about Oldsmobile 442, one of the most popular muscle cars ever.
- The Oldsmobile 442 was first introduced in 1964 as a high-performance option for the Cutlass model.
- The name "442" refers to the car's four-barrel carburetor, four-speed manual transmission, and dual exhaust system.
- In 1968, the 442 became its own model, separate from the Cutlass.
- The 442 was available in a variety of body styles, including a hardtop, convertible, and wagon.
- During the peak of its popularity in the late 1960s, the 442 was known for its powerful V8 engine options, which could produce up to 450 horsepower.
- The 442 was also available with a range of performance options, including a Hurst Dual/Gate shifter, heavy-duty suspension, and limited-slip differential.
- The 442 was discontinued in 1971, but was reintroduced in the 1980s as a performance package for the Cutlass Supreme model.
- The Oldsmobile 442 was one of the most successful muscle cars of the 1960s and 1970s, and is still popular among car enthusiasts today.